[5/2010 - present]Postdoctoral Researcher in Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of California, Irvine.
[8/2003 - 3/2010]Research Associate in Department of Physics and Astronomy, Columbia University.
[3/2010]Ph.D. in Physics, Columbia University.
Advisor: Prof. John Parsons Thesis: "Search for Randall-Sundrum Gravitons in Dielectron and Diphoton Final States with 5.4 fb-1 of D0 Data"
[5/2006]M.P. in Physics, Columbia University.
[5/2005]M.A. in Physics, Columbia University.
[6/2003]B.S. in Physics, Nanjing University, China.
New Talent award, 45th international school of subnuclear physics, Erice, Italy.
[2000-2003]People's scholarship, Nanjing University.
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals
Full list of published papers can be found at (http://inspirehep.net/author/N.Zhou.1/), I contributed to these selected publications significantly.
20. ATLAS Collaboration, Search for new phenomena in events with a photon and missing transverse momentum in pp collisions at sqrt(s)=8 TeV with the ATLAS detector,
arXiv:1411.1559, submitted to PRD
19. J. Abdallah et~al., Simplified models for dark matter and missing energy searches at the LHC,
18. N. Zhou, Z. Khechadoorian, D. Whiteson, T. M.P. Tait, Bounds on invisible higgs boson decays from ttbarH production,
17. N. Lopez, L. M. Carpenter, R. Cotta, M. Frate, N. Zhou, D. Whiteson, Collider bounds on indirect dark matter searches: the WW final state,
arXiv:1403.6734, PRD 89, 115013 (2014)
16. ATLAS Collaboration, Search for dark matter in events with a hadronically decaying W or Z boson and missing transverse momentum in pp collisions at sqrt(s) = 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector,
15. N. Zhou, D. Berge, T. M.P. Tait, L. Wang, D. Whiteson, Sensitivity of future collider facilities to WIMP pair production via effective operators and light mediators,
14. N. Zhou, D. Berge, D. Whiteson, Mono-everything: combined limits on dark matter production at colliders from multiple final states,
arXiv:1302.3619, PRD 87, 095013 (2013)
13. ATLAS Collaboration, Search for dark matter and large extra dimensions in events with a jet and missing transverse momentum with the ATLAS detector,
arXiv:1210.4491, JHEP 1304, 075 (2013)
12. ATLAS Collaboration, Search for dark matter and large extra dimensions in events with a photon and missing transverse momentum in pp collision data at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV with the ATLAS detector,
arXiv:1209.4625, PRL 110, 011802 (2013)
11. N. Zhou, D. Whiteson, T. M.P. Tait, Limits on four-top production from the ATLAS same-sign top-quark search,
arXiv:1203.5862, PRD 85, 091501 (2012)
10. ATLAS Collaboration, Search for same-sign top-quark production and fourth-generation down-type quarks in pp collisions at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV with the ATLAS detector,
arXiv:1202.5520, JHEP 04, 069 (2012)
9. ATLAS Collaboration, Inclusive search for same-sign dilepton signatures in pp collisions at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV with the ATLAS detector,
arXiv:1108.0366, JHEP 10, 107 (2011)
8. ATLAS Collaboration, Search for supersymmetric particles in events with lepton pairs and large missing transverse momentum in sqrt(s) = 7 TeV proton-proton collisions with the ATLAS experiment,
arXiv:1103.6214, EPJC 71, 1682 (2011)
7. ATLAS Collaboration, Measurement of the top quark-pair production cross section with ATLAS in pp collisions at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV,
arXiv:1102.1792, EPJC 71, 1577 (2011)
6. D0 Collaboration, Search for a heavy neutral gauge boson in the dielectron channel with 5.4 fb-1 of ppbar collisions at sqrt(s) = 1.96 TeV,
arXiv:1008.2023, PLB 695, 88-94 (2011)
5. D0 Collaboration, Search for diphoton events with large missing transverse energy in 6.3 pb-1 of ppbar collisions at sqrt(s) = 1.96 TeV,
arXiv:1008.2133, PRL 105, 221802 (2010)
4. D0 Collaboration, Search for Randall-Sundrum gravitons in the dielectron and diphoton final states with 5.4 fb-1 of data from ppbar collisions at sqrt(s) = 1.96 TeV,
arXiv:1004.1826, PRL 104, 241802 (2010)
3. N.J. Buchanan et~al., Design and implementation of the front end board for the readout of the ATLAS liquid argon calorimeters,
http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-0221/3/03/P03004/, JINST 3, P03004 (2008)
2. ATLAS Collaboration, The ATLAS experiment at the CERN large hadron collider,
http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-0221/3/08/S08003/, JINST 3, S08003 (2008)
1. N.J. Buchanan et~al., ATLAS liquid argon calorimeter front end electronics,
http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-0221/3/09/P09003/, JINST 3, P09003 (2008)
8. H. Okawa et~al., A search for SUSY-like events in same-sign dilepton and interpretation using a simplified model, ATL-PHYS-INT-2011-057.
7. A. Maslennikov et~al., A search for heavy majorana neutrino and WR in dilepton plus jets events with the ATLAS detector in pp collisions at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV, ATL-COM-PHYS-2011-055.
6. B. Abi et~al., Mis-identified lepton backgrounds to top quark pair production, ATL-PHYS-INT-2010-139.
5. D. Bandurin et~al., Photon identification for runII data, D0 Note 6004.
4. M. Aharrouche et~al., The trigger for early running, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2009-025, ATL-COM-PHYS-2009-124.
3. M. Aharrouche et~al., Physics performance studies and strategy of the electron and photon trigger selection, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2009-029, ATL-COM-PHYS-2009-122.
2. F.M.L. Almeida, Jr. et~al., Dilepton resonances at high mass, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2009-070, ATL-COM-PHYS-2009-093.
1. G. Aad et~al., Expected performance of the ATLAS experiment - detector, trigger and physics, CERN-OPEN-2008-020.